As a future 3Roots resident, there is plenty to do around San Diego in March to keep you and the family busy all month. We compiled a list of the best outdoor and indoor activities for couples, families, and more that you can look forward to enjoying this time next year.
First up, here are all the local favorite hiking spots to explore once Spring hits. These trails offer great views, a plethora of wildflowers, dirt hiking trails. Hiking in Southern California is best in the springtime before it gets too hot in the summer.
- Daley Ranch – Great spot to see the spring wildflowers in full bloom
- Elfin Forest – Offers 11 miles of biking, equestrian, and hiking trails
- Torrey Pines – Scenic National Park with views of the Pacific Ocean located in La Jolla
- Anza Borrego Palm Canyon Trail – The largest state park in CA Tip: Go early before it gets too hot
If you’re not up for hiking or have small children, check out the Kid’s Day at the Flower Field on Saturday March 26, 2022. Visit the 50-acre Flower Fields overlooking Carlsbad while your kids enjoy activities and entertainment. Reservations are required, so make sure you get out the Carlsbad Flower Fields website for more information.
For those without children, or anyone that is looking to get away for the day, head to Temecula Wine Country near San Diego for a romantic day adventure. You can take wine tours with a local or explore the wineries on your own. If you are interested in a tour, the best option is The Grapevine Wine Tours, they offer a very relaxing and enjoyable day full of exploring. Learn more about these tours here: Grapevine Tours
If a tour isn’t your style, here are the top-rated wineries to check out on your own.
- Doffo Vineyard & Winery Tasting Room
- Briar Rose Winery
- Longshadow Ranch Vineyard Winery
- Miramonte Winery
- Palumbo Family Vineyards & Winery
- Ponte Family Estate Winery
- Robert Renzoni Vineyards & Winery
- South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
Now that it’s spring in San Diego, head over to the Botanic Garden in Encinitas, rated one of the top 10 in the U.S. Here you can see the rain forest, bamboo garden, the children’s garden, and much more. March is the ideal time to go as the plants are in full bloom. For more information see San Diego Botanic Garden.
Join the interest list for important and exclusive community updates at Live3Roots.com to find out how you can become a resident at 3Roots.
New Homes Now Selling From the $700,000s to the $1M+